Champagne Chartogne-Taillet (visit their website here) is proudly imported and distributed in NZ by The Village Winery:
The 'Cuvee Sainte-Anne NV' comes from vineyards in Merfy in the Montagne de Reims.
- Varietal: 50% Pinot Noir, 50% Chardonnay
- Assemblage: 60% 2014, 40% 2013 & 2012 vintages
- Age of vineyards: 35 years
- Soils: Mostly sandy soils over different rocks. (chalk, sandstone ...)
- Malolactic Fermentation: Yes
- Vinification takes place in 80% stainless-steel tanks with indigenous yeasts, and the wines are not filtered.
- On Lees: 36 Months
- Dosage: 5~6 g/L (extra brut)
- Disgorged: Jan 2017
- Producer: Champagne Chartogne-Taillet
- Practicing Organic
Very Rare and sort after - Only 120 btls available for NZL.
Owner / winemaker Alexandre Chartogne-Taillet is known as 'the last apprentice of Jacques Selose' and his wines are very sought after around the world.
"This cuvee is a sensorial picture of our village. It brings together all of Merfy's various soil types, from Thanetian sands and clays to Cuisian soils. It is typically a blend of three grape varieties, and it is the only non-vintage Champagne of the house."